Thursday, July 11, 2013

8th Grade ELA Common Core Planning

So, one of my major undertakings this summer has been to prepare myself to teach the Common Core standards. I don't want to completely re-invent the wheel, but I also want to make sure that I'm teaching everything I'm supposed to.

As a result, I've created this planning document!

One of my goals for the upcoming year is to post a stated objective using the "I can" format given by the Common Core. So, what I've done here is pretty simple (but was sort of time consuming to set up).

I just listed out each 'I Can' statement with space underneath to list out what lessons and activities I plan to use to meet each area. I hoping that I can create a balanced curriculum devoting as even as time as possible across the standards.

I just want to make sure that I teach everything at least once!




Check out the document at my TpT store!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/8th-Grade-Common-Core-I-Can-Statements-ELA-Planning-Guide-767447

No comments:

Post a Comment